[whatwg] input element list attribute and filtering suggestions

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
> You probably suggested this elsewhere on this list, but this sounds
> like a *really* interesting idea to me. I'd love to add experimental
> support for setting a property on the <input> element directly, which
> takes a JS object of some sort and builds a list out of that.

I linked to my earlier feedback earlier in this thread, but it was
buried fairly deep in my post:

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-January/024794.html

> The mozNoFilter attribute we added in Firefox 4.

I don't see any use-case where you wouldn't want to use mozNoFilter.
Why doesn't it just work that way always?