[whatwg] Enhancement request: change EventSource to allow cross-domain access

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:47:37 +0200
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:14:54 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
> Though possibly a safer way to think about it is that the Content-Type
> header should always be inspected to see if a preflight is needed, no
> matter if the header is set by the page or by the implementation.
>
> I think I like the latter approach more since it seems safer.

Bah, Content-Type sucks.

I created a new thread on public-webapps at w3.org to further discuss this
(as well as something else I noticed):

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011AprJun/1222.html

(I already renamed "custom request headers" to "author request headers". I
hope that will reduce some of the confusion I and others had with respect
to Last-Event-ID and Cache-Control. I should probably add a note too at
some point, once I find an appropriate location.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/