[whatwg] Normalization of user selections

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:09:51 -0700
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Aryeh Gregor <AryehGregor at gmail.com>wrote:

> For instance, could we just say that empty inline
> elements can have the cursor inside them, so foo{}<b></b>bar and
> the specific bug.

Assuming we don't match WebKit/Opera here, though, does everyone agree
> we should still place constraints on what selections can be generated
> by *user* actions?

Yes, I think all selection modified by user should be normalized by default.
 I'm talking more about programmatically set selection.  I think we'll need
to preserve programmatically set selection ranges instead of always storing
normalized ranges.

- Ryosuke