[whatwg] input element's value should not be sanitized during parsing

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> The problem, if I understand things correctly, is that setAttribute is
> *not* order agnostic, while the parsing code is expected to be. This
> means that we can't use the same code paths for setAttribute and
> parsing.

You can, you just have to have a special "initialisation" signal that the
parser sends to an element after its set its attributes.

> This is not acceptable to us in Gecko. We're not willing to have two
> code paths for setting attributes.

You already _have_ two code paths. The example you gave shows that the
parser is order agnostic but the equivalent DOM code is not.