[whatwg] Session Management

I very much like the header type as a generic feature but would suggest not
using it for HTTP authorization. As for user-agents to support it through
forms have to use special processing anyways. So I would suggest simply
declaring it on the form element itself as an attribute. When using
XMLHttpRequest one already has the ability to supply credentials with the open
function. So when using a input elements without a form element there is no
need for an authorization feature. Also I would suggest that the attribute
does not have a value or that it is at least optional and when supplied is
only a hint to the user-agent. Ultimately a user-agent must use whatever
method required by the server not the method defined by the author. A user-
agent can transparently find out which method to use with a HEAD request. Or if
transport layer security is used simply guess one and see if it works and try
again if it doesn't.

Also binding the username and password input fields to the authorization header
should properly not be done by reserving names in the name attribute of the
input field. I would suggest using a special purpose attribute like
authorization to declare their binding. Otherwise authors have to cope with
reserved names which is properly unacceptable backwards-compatible wise.

<form method="get" action="/resource" authorize>

<!-- use custom http header-->
<input type="header" name="Language" value="en_US">

<input type="text" authorization="username">

<input type="password" authorization="password">

<input type="submit" value="load">

</form>

--
Dave Kok