[whatwg] DOMCrypt update: July 14 Meeting Report

From: David Dahl <ddahl@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 07:16:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Simon Heckmann" <simon at simonheckmann.de>

This is how we can limit the scope and reduce the attacks that are possible cross-domain. The keypair is usable only with the origin that created it.

> I think it should be possible to decrypt any chunk of
> data with the DOMCrypt API as long as I know the algorithm and the
> key. But maybe this is out of scope and I am thinking in too universal
> concepts?

Perhaps, however, your use cases are not out of the question. We just want to start with a smaller surface, making this API simpler to implement and use.

Regards,

David