[whatwg] Proposal to extend registerProtocolHandler

From: James Kozianski <koz@chromium.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:31:28 +1000
Hi Ian,

Here are the use cases I had in mind:

1. Allow sites to conditionally show UI to promote the advantages of
registering the site as a handler.
   (requires isRegistered)

2. Allow sites to provide settings screens which allow users to register
/ deregister handlers from within the site.
   (requires isRegistered, and deregisterProtocolHandler)

The presence of an ignored list - sites who don't have permission to use
registerProtocolHandler - necessitates Michael Davidson's suggestion that
isRegistered() should return a tri-state value (REGISTERED, DECLINED,
NOTASKED). Otherwise sites that have been 'ignored' by a user won't be able
to tell if they should show their promotional UI or not.

Cheers,
James