[whatwg] Custom protocol handlers

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:10:55 +0000
?ann sun 17.j?l 2011 22:46, skrifa?i Ben Schwarz:

> 3)
> As a web designer / developer
> I want to be able to ascertain if another website has registered a custom protocol handler in the user?s browser
> So that I can knowingly design and implement an integration experience
>
> 4)
> As a web designer / developer
> I want to be able to ascertain whether the user has "installed" a custom protocol handler within their operating system
> So that I can knowingly design and implement an integration experience

Your requirements seem reasonable at first glance, but it's hard to tell
if and how to give this information without a concrete example of how it
is going to be used. How is designing and implementing an "integration
experience" possible with the information that a competitor has
registered a protocol handler?