[whatwg] The blockquote element spec vs common quoting practices

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:35:49 -0400

Le 14 juil. 2011 ? 14:59, Kevin Marks a ?crit :
> If I was writing a detector for this pattern, <a> followed by a colon
> and  <blockquote> would do it pretty reliably...

yup unfortunately there are also many cases where you have more names in an introducing paragraph. It is happening when I'm writing, and the issue is then to tie the right person with the right blockquote/q

I like the pattern id/for pattern of forms. We could imagine

has written plenty of a wonderful thing
in <cite for="quoteA">Amazing title</cite> very similar to those in

[?]

compare to <cite for="quoteB">Amazing title</cite>

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/