[whatwg] Proposal to extend registerProtocolHandler

From: Michael Davidson <mpd@google.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:40:53 -0700
Has anyone seen a site that refuses to work unless notifications are active?
I suggest that we follow the notification model since it seems to work well
for both site authors and users.

I imagine that if sites force users to accept notifications or protocol
handlers, those sites won't have many users for long.

If it does become a problem in practice (which I highly doubt), then yes,
having a UA that lies to the site would be one solution. It would take about
five minutes to whip up a userscript that replaces calls to
registerProtocolHandler with a noop.

Michael