[whatwg] Request for implementer feedback: multiple Ranges per Selection

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> 2) Have WebKit or Opera run into any websites that depend on being
> able to use multiple Ranges per Selection?

As far as I know, there is no bug filed against this, which seems to imply
that we haven't had significant issues.

3) Are WebKit or Opera planning to add support for multiple Ranges per
> Selection?  (I'd be interested in IE too, clearly, but they don't read
> this list.)

Not anytime soon as far as I'm concerned. We do have a comment in the code
indicating there had been a plan, but I don't think anyone is actively
working on it.  Because we haven't had much complaints from users and
developers and supporting it requires so much work, I personally think it's
not worth the effort.

- Ryosuke