[whatwg] File API Streaming Blobs

On 2011-01-21 21:50, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM, David Flanagan<david at davidflanagan.com>  wrote:
>> Doesn't the current XHR2 spec address this use case?
>> Browsers don't seem to implement it yet, but shouldn't something like this
>> work for the original poster?
> He wants to be able to stream data out, not just in.
>
> It's tricky in practice, because there's no way for whoever's reading
> the stream to block.  For example, if you're reading a 1 GB video on a
> phone with 256 MB of memory, it needs to stop buffering when it's out
> of memory until some data has been played and thrown away, as it would
> when streaming from the network normally.  That requiests an API more
> complex than simply writing to a file.

Hmm! And I guess it's very difficult to create a abstract in/out
interface that can handle any protocol/stream.
Although an abstract in/out would be ideal as that would let new
protocols to be supported without needing to rewrite anything at the
higher level.

--
Roger "Rescator" H?gensen.
Freelancer - http://www.EmSai.net/