[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

From: Rob Coenen <coenen.rob@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:38:32 +0000
I still want the API to support seeks to exact frames.

eg when I build some GUI that allows the user to click on a button that says
"explosion shot 1 at 00:31:02.15" then I want the player to seek to
00:31:02.15 exactly and not to say, 00:31:02.01 simply b/c that's where a
keyframe happens to be.

-Rob

I'm personally a fan of a heuristic approach where the first seek from