[whatwg] Control over selection direction

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> If we just have a boolean, it's unambiguous: the properties are all
> logically separate.  We don't want to emulate the DOM selection API,
> IMO -- it's ridiculously complex for minimal functionality gain, even
> accounting for the fact that it has to deal with nodes as well as
> offsets.  Save authors the pain, if they only have to deal with text
> fields.

I agree. If we could change the DOM apis to just have start/end use a
bool/enum for the direction it would certainly be simpler for web developers
than what we have today.

Ojan