[whatwg] Limiting the amount of downloaded but not watched video

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:15:15 -0500
On 1/17/11 4:05 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Assuming a browser is able to play back video in realtime, i.e. their
> CPU and download bandwidth are sufficient to download video data at or
> above the speed it is required in to provide continuous playback

... and that both conditions will continue for the duration of the
video's playback.

Right?

Determining whether this condition holds either making some assumptions
that may or may not be true or having some magical future-predicting
technology.

If nothing else, I'm thinking things like "I would like to buffer up
this 3-hour-long-video so I can watch it on the plane, where my network
bandwidth will be precisely 0".  Definitely as use case I've had.

-Boris