[whatwg] Control over selection direction

From: Marijn Haverbeke <marijnh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:42:27 +0100
> Maybe we can spec this so that regular selection primitives work properly
> for textarea/input. ?e.g. you can expect that when
> startContainer/endContainer is textarea/input, selection is set inside
> textarea/input.

That would work for me, however, it'd be backwards-incompatible -- not
in a critical way, but probably enough to break a few pieces of code.
Also, I assume there is a reason that textarea/textinput content is
not 'officially' part of the DOM, and that separate
selection-management functionality has been implemented for it. This
might be a *much* bigger can of worms than the simple change I
proposed. I, personally, am more interested in getting *some* solution
agreed on and specified, than in doing this in the most elegant way
possible.