[whatwg] AppCache feature request: An https manifest should be able to list resources from other https origins.

From: Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:08:39 -0800
AppCache feature request: An https manifest should be able to list
resources from other https origins.

I've got some app developers asking for this feature. Currently, it's
explicitly disallowed by the the spec for valid security reasons, but
there are also valid reasons to have this capability, like a webapp
that uses resources hosted on gstatic.

Seems like a robots.txt like scheme where a site like gstatic can
declare that its "OK to appcache me from elsewhere" is needed.

I've opened a chromium bug for this here...