[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

Intresting- I didn't know that variable frame-rate videos were actually
being used for HTML5 video.

But still- the vast majority of all video uses a fixed frame rate- ever
since Eadweard Muybridge invented 'motion picture' back in 1878.

For example, most hardware these days record in SMPTE compliant MPEG4
format, meaning that they do use timecoded encoding- and thus have a fixed
frame-rate or FPS.

All the video files on my laptop have a fixed frame-rate and the FPS
property can be easily figured out with any media related tool on desktop or
command-line.

So why not expose the FPS property as meta-data to the web browser alongside
the 'duration' property?

-Rob