[whatwg] Timeouts and monotonic vs clock time

From: And Clover <and-py@doxdesk.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 00:05:57 +0000

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-November/028945.html

> I'm surprised if browsers don't make use of [monotonic time
interfaces].

most sensible behaviour, though even so there remains a bit of a gap for
web applications, in that scripts can't themselves read a monotonic
timer. They can only get a monotonic interval that might be
interrupted/inaccurate for a variety of reasons, and the clock time,
which might get changed.

--
And Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com http://www.doxdesk.com