[whatwg] Microphone Device API

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:01:32 +0100
On 02/28/11 15:55, Bjartur Thorlacius wrote:
> On 2/28/11, Harald Alvestrand<harald at alvestrand.no>  wrote:
>> On 02/28/11 15:35, Bjartur Thorlacius wrote:
>>> In effect, you want to create pipelines in JS/ES?
>>>
>> I need pipelines that can be manipulated from Javascript, yes.
>> Javascript is not a millisecond-precise language; the running of the
>> pipelines has to happen elsewhere.
>>
> Would POSIX sh suffice for your purposes?
> The simplest solution I can think of is using sh pipes and standardized
> device names.
The idea of letting anyone's Javascript execute posix sh commands on my
mother's laptop fills me with an abject sense of horror..... no, I can't
imagine a security model in which that would be the right answer to the
question.

(not to mention that some of the devices that execute Javascript and
have cameras and microphones attached don't HAVE a posix shell).

                     Harald