[whatwg] File mode Database Storage

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Narendra Sisodiya <
narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Shwetank Dixit <shwetankd at opera.com>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:17:51 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya <
>> narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I am trying to create a Quiz application. I am thinking to adopt on
>>> Client-only mode rather Client server based. On in other words, I want
>>> that
>>> student can share Quiz using pen-drive/disk-drive/attachment and just
>>> open
>>> in firefox/chrome. I am using HTML5 only. No place for any non-FOSS/close
>>> technology.
>>> May you please help that this is possible or not  ?
>>>
>> One option would be using IndexedDB, though its a bit low level.
>>
>> Another option could be to use use WebSQL which basically uses sqlite.
>> Though the standard is in impasse, its still supported in Opera, and webkit
>> based browsers like chrome and safari. FF does not support it though.
>>

> I can use any DB technology, Only point I have that will I be able to open
> or parse the DB content locally ?
> something
> will Quiz.html's javascript will load Quiz data from local database file
> like Quiz.db using JavaScript ?

At the same Time, I cannot create these Quiz application for test or
experimental API or feature, because a huge amount of Quiz to be generate
which will be include for education of student at national level. So one
should be able to open the Quiz files after 5-6 years too.

--
?    Narendra Sisodiya