[whatwg] Cryptographically strong random numbers

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:37:37 -0500
On 2/13/11 8:22 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> It seems likely that window.crypto will continue to grow more quality
> cryptographic APIs, not all of which will be appropriate at the
> ECMAScript level.

Sure; the question is whether this _particular_ API would be more
appropriate at the language level.  Or more to the point, if the
language plans to grow it anyway, do we need two APIs for it?

It's worth at least checking with the ES folks whether they plan to add
a API like this (something that fills in an array of bytes with
cryptographically strong random values) in any sort of short-term timeframe.

-Boris