[whatwg] type=email and IDN

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:55:04 +0100
This must have been brought up before as e.g. http://pukupi.com/post/2070/
is from June 2010, but I could not find anything quickly. Apparently
people are using IDNs and cannot get them validated with email controls
because the specification prohibits this. We should probably change that.
Either by saying it should first be converted to Punycode and then
validated, or by enhancing the pattern. (The email RFC might still be
outdated on this point, I have not checked, but we have decided to not
follow it anyway as it fails to match email addresses people actually use.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/