[whatwg] Behavior when <script> is removed from DOM

Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
> > The main use case for wanting to support scripts getting appears to be
> > wanting to abort JSONP loads. Potentially to issue it with new
> > parameters. This is a decent use case, but given the racyness
> > described above in webkit, it doesn't seem like a reliable technique
> > in existing browsers.
>
> If it's unreliable *and* no sites appear to break with the proper
> behavior, we shouldn't care about this use-case, since cross-domain
> XHR solves it properly.

Cross-domain XHR *can* solve this use case, but the fact is that CORS is
harder to implement JSONP, and so we continue to have a large number of web
APIs that support JSONP but not CORS. Unfortunately, I do not forsee this
changing in the near future.