[whatwg] WebVTT feedback (and some other <video> feedback that snuck in)

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:47:15 +0100, Glenn Maynard <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Philip J?genstedt
> <philipj at opera.com>wrote:
>
>> We're going to be doing the same script detection heuristics that we do
>> on
>> web pages. Differentiating between simplified Chinese, traditional
>> Chinese
>> and Japanese isn't particularly hard.
>>

> That's fine as a fallback, just as with character set guessing, but a
> fallback is what it should be.

AFAICT the srclang attribute takes precedence, so it already is the
fallback.

It's not quite clear to what is a concrete suggestion and what is
speculation in this discussion, but it seems to me that there's no
pressing need to have language on any finer granularity than we already
have (file-wide).

--
Philip J?genstedt
Core Developer