[whatwg] Fixing undo on the Web - UndoManager and Transaction

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 23:16:34 -0700
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> I do definitely agree that making the reapply function optional helps
> a lot in that at least pages don't have to worry about the feature if
> they're not using it. If we do that though we should probably rename
> the 'apply' property for managed transactions since it's semantics are
> pretty different. 'apply' for managed transactions are only called
> once when the transaction is first added. 'apply' for manual
> transactions are potentially called every time the transaction is
> (re)applied.

I've updated the proposal per discussions so far.  I've kept apply, unapply,
& reapply attributes and made reapply optional:
http://rniwa.com/editing/undomanager.html

I'm going to keep those names for now since none of us have come up with a
better name yet.  For what's worth, those are exact names WebKit's
EditCommand<http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/editing/EditCommand.h>uses.

- Ryosuke