[whatwg] relationship between Document and HTMLDocument

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 21:30:48 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, David Flanagan wrote:

> The HTMLDocument interface object is current (at least in FF, and per
> the WebIDL spec) non-enumerable.  It doesn't show up in for/in loops on
> the window.  If the HTML spec were to add an attribute to the Window
> object to define the HTMLDocument property, WebIDL would make that
> property enumerable. It would also change from a data property to an
> accessor property.

Ah, ok.

Well in any case the goal is to be backwards-compatible with legacy
content, while moving us to a world where HTML and SVG can coexist in the
same document and access their respective Document-level APIs. Whatever it
takes to do that is whatever we'll have to do. Might well involve WebIDL
changes, or HTML spec changes, or whatnot.