[whatwg] input type=barcode?

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 17:21 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:52:03 +0200, Mikko Rantalainen
> <mikko.rantalainen at peda.net> wrote:
> > What do you think?
>
> Implementing this seems rather complicated for such a niche use. It also
> seems better to let sites handle this by themselves so these physical
> codes can evolve more easily.

I don't know how niche thing it is to actually own a dedicated USB
barcode reader, but where I live, using at least one Web app that
supports bar code reading (by having a text input requiring the bar code
reader can emulate a keyboard) is as mainstream as Web app usage gets
(banking).

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi