[whatwg] File Upload Progress Event (Upload Progress)

21.09.10 Roger H?gensen <rescator at emsai.net>:

> >> I agree!
> >
> > Yeah, the UI is terrible, but that is about browser implementations
> > and not about any specification.
>
> Well! There is nothing preventing the specs from providing a minimum
> UI guideline that should be followed by UAs.

UAs compete on interface, too. As long as the standards are open and
consistent, why should implementations be constrained more than
absolutely necessary? Keep in mind that HTML is already one of the most
important file formats and may be for decades to come.

I recommend filing bugs with UAs to get this deficiencies cleared up.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>