[whatwg] [Selectors4] Linked Elements, was: required attribute in label

On 08/21/2010 10:23 AM, Christoph P?per wrote:
> Someone on whatwg at whatwg.org:
>> This question is sort of CSS related, but I think it's worth bringing up here,
>> assuming it hasn't already been discussed.
>
> I?m cross-posting to www-style, please follow-up there.
>
>> [required]:after {content:"*";}
>>
>> <label for="name1">Name</label>
>> <input id="name1" type="text" required>

There have been discussions about this problem on www-style in the past, actually.
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2000Jan/0152.html
and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005Oct/0173.html

It's already filed as something to look at for Selectors 4.

~fantasai