[whatwg] Canvas gradients color interpolation - change to premultiplied?

On Nov 23, 2010, at 12:43 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

>  Implementors, does
> this sounds like a change you can get behind?  We already changed
> canvas shadows to match behavior with CSS shadows; this is a much
> smaller change for spec-equivalence.

This would be hard for WebKit, which relies on Core Graphics for gradients
on some platforms. CG doesn't allow us to interpolate in premultiplied space.

[Of course, some of the new radial gradient stuff is also not doable using
CG, so maybe we'll have to have a slower non-CG gradient code
path anyway].

Simon