[whatwg] <input type=number> without keyboard editing

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:50:23 -0400
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:31 PM, TAMURA, Kent <tkent at chromium.org> wrote:
> The number type control in Opera and WebKit allow a user to
> input
> out-of-range value even if the control has min=1 and max=16 attributes.
> It's not
> a good UI and the reason why they doesn't use type=number.

Realistically, anyone who uses most of the HTML5 form features (so
excluding autofocus, placeholder, and some others) will have to
blacklist Opera and WebKit until they shape up.  This isn't a problem
with the spec, it's a problem with their current implementation
quality.  Hopefully Firefox 4 will drive some adoption and provide an
impetus for Opera and WebKit to improve.

> I'm not sure how to solve this issue. ?Introducing new content attribute or
> another number type?

Get the browsers to improve their implementations.