[whatwg] Processing image map area elements in the Circle state (section 4.8.13.2)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:15:27 -0700
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Ashley Sheridan
<ash at ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 19:39 +0000, Alex Bishop wrote:
>> In the processing model for image maps (section 4.8.13.2), step 8 of the
>> processing instructions for area elements says that if the shape
>> attribute is in the Circle state:
>>
>>> Let x be the first number in coords, y be the second number, and r be
>>> the third number.
>>>
>>> The shape is a circle whose center is x CSS pixels from the left edge
>>> of the image and x CSS pixels from the top edge of the image, and
>>> whose radius is r pixels.
>>
>> Surely "x CSS pixels from the top edge of the image" should read "y CSS
>> pixels from the top edge of the image"?
>
> I think the x here indicates an arbitrary number rather than units along the y-axis.

No, the first sentence of the quote Alex gives makes it clear that "x"
has a definite meaning, along with "y" and "r".  The spec has a typo -
the distance from the top edge should indeed be "y" pixels, as that is
the second number in the @coords attribute.

~TJ