[whatwg] WebSocket bufferedAmount includes overhead or not.

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:15:32 -0700

On 05.03.2010, at 15:32, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

>>> for something no one should care about, as you
>>> implied above.
>> From API perspective I do care. Web developers shouldn't need to know
>> about the protocol, yet (s)he should be able to understand what
>> bufferedAmount means.
>
> An explanation like "it's how much data is buffered to be sent over
> network" seems adequate to me.

We have a suggested patch that implements the proposed new behavior
for WebKit now, but I think that it adds unnecessary complexity, and
puts limits on how we can refactor the code in the future. We need to
remember frame boundaries for much longer, making it difficult to
interface with general purpose networking code.

I'd prefer sticking to the previously specified behavior.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov