[whatwg] Fullscreen for HTML5 Video element

From: Tim Hutt <tdhutt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:48:30 +0000
2010/3/8 Ashley Sheridan <ash at ashleysheridan.co.uk>
> Also, I've never seen anything built in Flash that started up in full-screen mode automatically. I had to trigger it explicitly every time by an action from me.

That was his point - despite the fact that it *can* be done in flash,
it isn't. Hence the argument in the spec is invalid.

I don't really see what's wrong with having an API for fullscreen. If
they want, user agents could have a preference to disable the
full-screen API if people ever start doing annoying things.

As for the security issue, the 'Press Escape to exit fullscreen mode'
banner works for flash.