[whatwg] [html5] Attaching option elements to select elements in different documents

From: Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@antplc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:27:23 +0000
Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> On 3/3/10 12:11 PM, Stewart Brodie wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, this affects: HTMLSelectElement.add(),
> > HTMLOptionsCollection.add(), Node.appendChild(), Node.replaceChild(),
> > Node.insertBefore().
>
> Is it option-specific, though?  Last I checked, various browsers
> implicitly adopted on append/insert/replace, period.

Since when?  I was sure that they didn't used to do this.  DOM Core is
extremely clear on this issue (both in level 2 and level 3).  You appear to
be correct: Firefox and Opera both just ignore the standard and get this
wrong.  Chrome just seems to get confused.

--
Stewart Brodie
Team Leader - ANT Galio Browser