[whatwg] Allowing ">" in attribute values

From: Benjamin M. Schwartz <bmschwar@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:20:10 -0400
On 06/24/2010 11:04 AM, Kornel Lesinski wrote:
> If you mean "parsing" with regular expressions, then I think that's a bad practice and shouldn't be encouraged.

Worldwide, regarding HTML, I'm sure there is 100 times more regular
expression processing code than full-on lexing code.  Most code that
processes HTML is embedded in scripts, doing some small special-purpose
operation.  Those regular expressions aren't going away.  Helping them
break less is a noble cause.