[whatwg] What is not possible with HTML5

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:51:14 +0200
On 24.06.2010 16:03, Marques Johansson wrote:
> I would like to see a standardization of HTTP streaming, not
> necessarily "adaptive streaming" - but that could also be useful.
>
> The HTTP spec is vague or incomplete on behaviors related to partial requests.

If you think that there is a bug in the HTTP spec then by all means
check out the latest drafts, and in doubt report this on the HTTPbis
WG's mailing list (pointers: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/>).

That being said: a missing feature is not the same thing as a bug or
"vagueness". My understanding is that range requests are truly optional,
and thus a server is not supposed to send a partial response unless the
client requested it.

Best regards, Julian