[whatwg] Is there a way to stop scrolling when pressing directional arrows?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:38:07 +0100, Carlos Andr?s Sol?s
<csolisr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! I've been noticing a problem in many HTML5 test apps, very
> especially games. When the directional arrow buttons are pressed, the
> screen scrolls.
> This is a problem that, as far as I know, Flash had solved by changing
> the focus of the application to the app. Is this doable in HTML5?

Yes. It's possible already ? page just has to return false from keypress
handler:

window.onkeypress = function(){return false}

That's just one line that, unfortunately, many web-based games forget to
include.

--
regards, Kornel Lesi?ski