[whatwg] Is there a way to stop scrolling when pressing directional arrows?

From: Ashley Sheridan <ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:43:24 +0100
On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 13:38 -0600, Carlos Andr?s Sol?s wrote:

> Hello! I've been noticing a problem in many HTML5 test apps, very
> especially games. When the directional arrow buttons are pressed, the
> screen scrolls. This is a problem that, as far as I know, Flash had
> solved by changing the focus of the application to the app. Is this
> doable in HTML5?
> - Carlos Sol?s

I don't think it's something that was 'solved'  by Flash. To be honest,
I'm often annoyed at the way Flash steals the focus of all my key
presses making it almost impossible to navigate using only the keyboard.

You could use Javascript to put the focus onto an object, capture all
the key presses on that and return false for them all maybe.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk