[whatwg] Form validation against invisible controls

From: TAMURA, Kent <tkent@chromium.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 01:11:46 +0900
Oh, I'm sorry.  I have found a sentence about visibility in the draft.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/association-of-controls-and-forms.html#constraint-validation
> If one of the controls is not being
> rendered<rendering.html#being-rendered>
  (e.g. it has the hidden <editing.html#the-hidden-attribute> attribute set)
then user agents may report a script error.

This sentence is about process against controls of which validation result
is invalid.
I think UA doesn't need to validate such controls.

The Chrome bug report is here:

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google