[whatwg] Constraint validation for maxlength

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Mounir Lamouri
<mounir.lamouri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suppose, like @required, as long as it doesn't break too many
> websites, we can count on evangelism teams and user feedbacks to fix
> there websites.

Excuse me, but I've watched Evangelism struggle and fail for 10 years.

There are a number of WAP sites serving "xhtml" which doesn't properly
quote attributes or escape & in urls from referrer fields. These are
major news sites (no one else uses xhtml).

And note that by watching, I don't mean that I was purely passive.

> Removing the current behavior because some (minors?) websites are
> misusing it would be sad.

More useless gunk which user agents will have to work around later
because evangelism doesn't work isn't something I'd like to sign up
for.

The current discussion about MIME types for Video is an amusing repeat
of the fact that Evangelism doesn't work. And that's w/ a limited
number of targets.