[whatwg] [URL] Starting work on a URL spec

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:02:29 -0400
On 7/23/10 11:59 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Is that URLs as values of attributes in HTML or is that URLs as pasted
> into the address bar? I believe their processing differs...

It certainly does in Firefox (the latter have a lot more fixup done to
them, and there are also differences in terms of how character encodings
are handled).

I would be particularly interested in data on this last, across
different browsers, operating systems, and locales...  There seem to be
servers out there expecting their URIs in UTF-8 and others expecting
them in ISO-8859-1, and it's not clear to me how to make things work
with them all.

-Boris