[whatwg] [URL] Starting work on a URL spec

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:24:52 +0200
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:11:35 +0200, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com> wrote:

> I've begun working on a specification for how browsers process URLs:
>
> http://github.com/abarth/url-spec
>
> The repository is currently empty, but I'll be adding the basic
> skeleton over the next few weeks.  My intention is to triangulate
> between how IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera process URLs to
> find an algorithm that is both compatible with the web and moderately
> sane.

Good luck ;)

Seriously, it is probably worth looking at things like curl that are not
browsers but consume URLs (and in turn are used by various systems that
interact with URLs for things like software updates, synchronisation, etc).

cheers

Chaals

     je parle fran?ais -- hablo espa?ol -- jeg l?rer norsk