[whatwg] <video> application/octet-stream

From: Chris Double <chris.double@double.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:32:02 +1200
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Robert O'Callahan
<robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> Also, in your example the author could have provided type="" attributes on
> the <source> elements to control what gets downloaded. I assume that no-one
> is proposing we ignore those.

This is true but the provider of the server with the video and the
author of the page containing the video element can be two different
people. There is no cross domain restriction on serving video so while
the server may want the 'type' attribute to be included in the source
element they can't control third parties doing this who embed the
video in their site.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz