[whatwg] Firefox 4 Beta 1

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:39:25 -0700
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/7/10 4:43 AM, Schalk Neethling wrote:
>>
>> Ah, ok. I see but then I wonder what the problem is with regards to
>> Youtube
>> and full screen as their full screen mode is fully user driven.
>
> The problem is that Youtube disables the browser context menu for the video
> (for various reasons) and that from the _browser_'s point of view its
> full-screen button is just some script. ?It can't tell it's user-driven (at
> least not without applying heuristics similar to popup blocking or some
> such).

Yeah, there might be room for looking for a user gesture and providing
some sort of clear animation that you're entering full-screen video
mode.  Part of why Flash can do this securely is that they disable
most of the keyboard while you're in full-screen video, which makes it
hard to phish for passwords.

Adam