[whatwg] Device Element

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Diego Perini <diego.perini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> I can currently read incoming RS232 and USB data in my OS X using
> Firefox 3.6.13 and the "file:" protocol:
>
> ? file:///dev/tty.BT-GPS010B62-SerialPort
>
> do I have an insecure system ? An insecure browser ?

Can you do that from a webpage served from a http server? Can you do
that from a HTML file saved to your desktop? Can you do that from a
HTML file saved anywhere else on your filesystem?

For firefox, the answer should be "no" in all three cases, unless
you've changed security related settings. Thus the answer to your
questions should be "no". Definitely file a bug on Firefox
(bugzilla.mozilla.org) if that isn't the case.

/ Jonas