From: UVL <andrea.doimo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Subject: [chromium-html5] Application Cache for on-line sites
To: Chromium HTML5 <chromium-html5 at chromium.org>

I tried to use the HTML5 Application Cache to improve the performances
of on-line sites (all the tutorials on the web write only about usage
with off-line apps)

I created the manifest listing all the js, css and images, and the
performances were really exciting, until I found that even the page
HTML was cached, despite it was not listed in the manifest. The pages
of the site are in PHP, so I don't want them to be cached.

From
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/offline.html
:
"Authors are encouraged to include the main page in the manifest also,
but in practice the page that referenced the manifest is automatically
cached even if it isn't explicitly mentioned."

Is there a way to have this automating caching disabled?

Note: I know that caching can be controlled via HTTP headers, but I
just wanted to try this way as it looks quite reliable, clean and
powerful.