[whatwg] Javascript: URLs as element attributes

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:32:43 +0100, Philip J?genstedt <philipj at opera.com>
wrote:

>>> Right, these aren't inlines, in Opera terminology at least. As far as I
>>> can see the spec agrees on this, as frames/iframes have their own
>>> browsing contexts.
>>
>> So do <object>s, sometimes, right?
>
> Yes, but as far as I can tell from the algorithm [1], the browsing
> context isn't created until step 8, after the URL in data="" has been
> resolved and fetched. In other words, at the time the steps for handling
> javascript: [2] are run, there's no browsing context, and it will be
> treated as any other inline.

What if the steps are run because the data attribute changed?

<object data=data:,foo></object>
<script>
document.getElementsByTagName('object')[0].data = 'javascript:alert(1)';
</script>

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software