[whatwg] Directory upload via <input type="file" directory>

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:41:14 +0900
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 07:33:23 +0900, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
> I still don't understand the use case.
>
> In all cases I can think of where applications allow me to pick a
> folder (as opposed to a file), it's always been about choosing a
> location to save files. For example choosing where to put the browsers
> cache, or which should be the default download directory.
>
> Is that the use case? If so, it doesn't seem like <input type=file> is
> even close to what you want.

One other use case I know of is Transmission. It allows selecting of a
folder it keeps track of for new torrent files. When new torrent files are
added it starts the download process for them. I could imagine something
similar being useful for an image sharing site such as Flickr. (This use
case does not really fit on top of <input type="file"> however.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/